Adoption Authority of Ireland
Shelbourne House, Shelbourne Road , Dublin 4.Main Switchboard: 01-2309300 Duty Social Worker: 01-2309306 http://www.aai.gov.ie/
Adoption in Ireland is regulated by the Adoption Board / Authority which is an independent quasi judicial statutory body appointed by Government.
The Adoption Board holds records for St Therese Adoption Society, Whitefriar Street , Dublin 8
Application Forms for the Contact Preference Register Form for adopted persons and birth/natural families parents/families can be obtained at: http://www.aai.gov.ie/
Adoption Agencies who provide information and tracing services:
- Child and Family Agency and Adoption Agencies Services http://www.tusla.ie/services/alternative-care/adoption-services/tracing-service/adoption-information-and-tracing-services/
- Adoption Search Reunion http://www.adoptionsearchreunion.org.uk/default.htm
Child and Family Agency
- Child and Family Agency, Regional Adoption Service, for Counties Waterford, Wexford, Carlow, Kilkenny and South Tipperary :2 St Andrews Terrace, Newtown, Waterford Telephone 051 860048.Fax 051 860396. Email: Adoptionservice.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Child and Family Agency,Regional Adoption Service, for Counties Cavan, Monaghan, Louth and Meath, Child and Family Centre, St Marys Hospital, Dublin Road,Drogheda, Co Louth. Tel: 041- 9832963.
- Child and Family Agency, Adoption Service, for Counties Clare, Limerick, North Tipperary. Parkbeg House,2, Elm Drive, Caherdavin Lawn, Limerick Tel: 061 206820 / 206841
- Child and Family Agency: for Counties Cork and Kerry. Regional Adoption Service, Páirc na gCrann, St. Stephen’s Hospital, Sarsfield Court,Glanmire, Co.Cork.Tel: 021-4858650 Fax: 021-4858625.
- Child and Family Agency, Regional Adoption Service for Co. Kerry. Regional Adoption Service, Kerry Community Services H.Q. Rathass,Tralee, Co.Kerry.Tel: 066-7195628 Fax: 066-7195600.
- Child and Family Agency, Regional Adoption Service, for Co. Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim and West Cavan, St Conal’s Campus, Co Clinic, Letterkenny, Co Donegal. Tel:074 91 04716
Child and Family Agency. Adoption Service, HSE West, for Counties Sligo, Leitrim and West Cavan, Custom House, 2,The Quays, Sligo. Tel: 071 9136550
- Child and Family Agency, Adoption Service for Counties Galway, Mayo and Roscommon. Adoption Service, Clann Adoption Service, Merlin Park, Galway, Tel: 091 775057
- Child and Family Agency, Co Mayo, Adoption Services, PCCC, St. Mary’s HQ, Castlebar,Co.Mayo Tel: 094 9042511
- Child and Family Agency, Adoption Services, HSE West,Community Services, Roscommon PCCC, Lanesboro Road, Roscommon Tel: 090 667575
- Child and Family Agency, for Counties Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow. The Information and Tracing Service, HSE. Adoption Service, 2nd Floor Nexus Building, Unit 4/5,Blancharsdtown Corporate Park,Dublin 15 Tel: 01897 6881 and 01 897 6858
- Child and Family Agency, for Counties Laois, Offaly, Longford and Westmeath:Adoption Services, for Counties Laois and Offaly, HSE Dublin Mid Leinster,Social Work Department,Derry Suite,1st Floor,Castle Buildings, Tara Street,Tullamore, Co.Offaly Tel: 057 9370700 and Fax: 057 9370748
- Child and Family Agency, Adoption Services, for Co Longford and Westmeath, Social Work Department, Tivoli House, Dublin Road, Longford, Tel: 043 33 50783 / 33 50584
- Tusla Child & Family Agency, Adoption Services, http://www.tusla.ie/services/alternative-care/adoption-services/
ACCREDITED BODIES: Accredited by the Adoption Authority of Ireland who provide and Information and Tracing Service:
- Barnardos, Post Adoption Service, 23/24 Buckingham Street Lower Dublin 1, Tel: (01) 8134100,Tuesdays and Thursdays 10-1pm. Email: email@example.com www.barnardos.ie
Origins Service at Barnardos: 01 453 0355 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Barnardos’ Origins Information and Tracing Service helps people who grew up in Ireland’s industrial schools to trace their family of origin.
Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy : http://www.irish-counselling.
Anne Heffron: https://www.anneheffron.com/
Kindred & Co: https://kindredand.co/our-team/
The Natural Parents Network of Ireland, P.O. Box No. 6714, Dublin 4. Locall: 1890 200046 www.adoptionloss.ie Email: email@example.com
Birth Parents of Adopted Children: A support group based in Cork providing support to birth parents of adopted children who meet once a month and provide a one to one support service. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adoptive Parent Support Services: Adoptive Parents Association of Ireland, Roundwood, Bray, Co Wicklow. Helen Gilmartin, Hon Sec. Telephone 0404 45184, e-mail email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Adoption Rights Alliance: Web: www.adoptionrightsalliance.com Email: email@example.com. Tel: 086-8163024/086-3659516
The Adoption Support Network of Ireland: Address: 39 Bourne View, Ashbourne, Co. Meath.Web: www.adoption.ie Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Council of Irish Adoption Agencies
The Council of Irish Adoption Agencies (CIAA) is a forum of adoption agencies. This website has a series of post adoption information leaflets available for birth parents, adopted adults and adoptive parents: http://councilofirishadoptionagencies.com/